Why do some folks to you to put a crayon in your wallet while travelling? — There are a few reasons why people are proponents of this «travel» hack and depending on what you’re trying to prepare for, there’s a different reason for doing so in a variety of situations. Article continues below advertisementThe reason why you pick a crayon is that crayons can almost always write: if it’s wrapped in a piece of paper you won’t damage the other belongings in your wallet. The same could be said for a pencil, however, if the tip of your pencil breaks then you’re going to have to go through the trouble of sharpening it. And you could always put a pen, but they’re prone to exploding and will leak ink everywhere, which is no bueno.
The first is to always have something to help distract a child with. If you wrap a thing piece of paper around a crayon, that’ll prevent wax chips from ruining everything in your wallet and you’ll always have something to scribble on/doodle with.
Some folks pack a crayon in their wallet to help keep their cards straightened out as well. Wallets are prone to bending, warping the original shapes of whatever plastic or paper goodies you’ve got packed in there (if credit and ID cards can be called «goodies»).
How can a crayon save your life?
It Could Save a Child’s Life — Children in a life threatening situation can’t always ask for help. But, it you spot a child that may be in trouble, you can slip them a crayon. Children’s lives have been saved when they’ve written notes asking for help. A child drawing with a crayon isn’t going to attract much attention. Sarah Elrod-Ausbrook was the first person to use this technique. She had learned it as part of a child endangerment training course. Then, in Tennessee she had a gut feeling that a girl was in danger. After noticing red flags, she slipped a crayon into a girl’s pocket.
What should you carry in your wallet?
Driver’s License — You need your driver’s license to drive, to fly, to cash a check, and even to buy certain over-the-counter medicines. And some folks (not you, of course) need it when they get pulled over for speeding, purchase alcohol, or want to see that new R-rated flick.
What should you not keep in your wallet?
Social Security number — Sullivan says your Social Security card and any identification or documents that include your Social Security number are perfect examples of what not to keep in your wallet. Those nine digits could make it easier for a fraudster to open loans or credit card accounts in your name.
How much money should you keep in cash?
About That Emergency Fund — Beyond your monthly living expenses and discretionary money, the major portion of the cash reserves in your bank account should consist of your emergency fund. The money for that fund should come from the portion of your budget devoted to savings—whether it’s from the 20% of 50/30/20 or from Ramsey’s 10%.
How much do you need? Everybody has a different opinion. Most financial experts end up suggesting you need a cash stash equal to six months of expenses: If you need $5,000 to survive every month, save $30,000.
Personal finance guru Suze Orman advises an eight-month emergency fund because that’s about how long it takes the average person to find a job. Other experts say three months, while some say none at all if you have little debt, already have a lot of money saved in liquid investments, and have quality insurance.
- Should that fund really be in the bank? Some of those same experts will advise you to keep your five-figure emergency fund in an investment account with relatively safe allocations to earn more than the paltry interest you will receive in a savings account
On the other hand, the recent months may have reshaped your thoughts on what feels «safe. » The main issue is that the money should be instantly accessible if you need it. (And also remember that money in a bank account is FDIC insured). If you don’t have an emergency fund, you should probably create one before putting your financial goals/savings money toward retirement or other goals.
How much cash should you keep in wallet?
Carry $100 to $300 — Given that today’s digital-focused world makes it easier than ever to pay via credit cards or with apps like Apple Pay, Venmo and PayPal, there really is little need for cash these days, argues Shon Anderson, an Ohio-based CFP and chief wealth strategist at Anderson Financial Strategies.
«We would recommend between $100 to $300 of cash in your wallet, but also having a reserve of $1,000 or so in a safe at home,» Anderson says. Depending on your spending habits, a couple hundred dollars may be more than enough for your daily expenses or not enough.
Regardless, the idea here is that you have some back-up cash on hand should you need to pay for something but you can’t use a card or app.
Which Colour of wallet is lucky?
Start Carrying a Crayon in Your Wallet, Here’s Why
According to Feng Shui, which color wallets can attract more wealth? — If you want to use the power of Feng Shui to attract wealth and good luck, the color of your wallet is very important. Let’s take a look below at the most common colors and how they work with this practice:
- Black is a very popular color for wallets and luckily, this symbolizes prosperity and wealth. If you are looking to advance your career or increase your fortune connected with the business, this is the ideal color for you.
- Blue is a symbol of water and represents an idea that water drains away, which is symbolic of the flow of water and is difficult to retain, impacting your finances and money luck. Therefore blue is not recommended as a wallet color if decide to follow the philosophy of Feng Shui.
- As Brown represents the earth, it is a color that promotes and encourages saving. If you are looking to be more saving savvy or start a new savings regime, Brown is an ideal wallet color.
- Green wallets are believed to promote income opportunities. Therefore, a green wallet is recommended for entrepreneurs who are looking for ideas and new opportunities.
- Yellow is also an excellent choice for a wallet color as it is also directly linked to savings. If you are simply looking to increase your wealth, pastel yellows are best.
- In Chinese philosophy, Red represents fire which ultimately sets fire to wealth, So it is not a good recommendation for a wallet color to increase your wealth prospects.
- Although Pink as a color for your wallet, could attract a new lover, it is not the color which Feng Shui recommends for wealth attraction.
- As pink represents love, Purple also sits in this bracket according to the ancient belief system of Feng Shui, so although a beautiful color for your wallet, it is not linked to creating wealth.
«If you are looking to be more saving savvy or start a new savings regime, Brown is an ideal wallet color. » .
Why do you put a crown in your wallet?
Crayon in Wallet Benefits — Here’s a list of some of the key benefits of keeping a crayon in your wallet:
- A crayon in your wallet will ensure that you have something to write, doodle and draw with at all times.
- A crayon can provide entertainment to children why travelling.
- A crayon can provide a distraction to a young child.
- A tool to write with on long train journeys.
- To create ‘trace marks’ to show you have been at a location, especially during life threatening situations.
- To save a life.
Should I keep photos in my wallet?
Vastu Tips: Never keep photos or torn notes in your wallet In today’s Vastu Shastra, Acharya Indu Prakash talks about what you should keep in your purse or wallet. Apart from money, people keep many things in their purse, many of which are not used for a long time. According to Vastu Shastra, you should avoid keeping a few of these things in the purse because it contributes to a negative flow of energy. In addition, doing so can also lead to a loss in terms of money.
But there are also some things that turn out to be very fruitful when kept in the purse. They bring auspicious results. Torn notes, old photos, or papers in bad condition should not be kept inside the purse.
This reduces the flow of money. The cleaner the wallet is, and the more well-kept things are, the better it is. Keep a paper photo of Lakshmi Mata in the purse and keep changing it from time to time. This will ensure that you always have money in your purse.